2016 Dallas Cup Team Match Play League - back by popular demand!
Once competition starts, the weekly match results will be posted here
will be alternated between the three formats over a 9-week period.
- Weekly 9-hole play on Sundays at 5:00 pm, shotgun start, earlier when the days get shorter
- Golf Course: Duck Creek Golf Course in Garland (formerly Oak Ridge CC)
- $20 one time registration fee per person to cover prizes and year end awards
- $19 for green fee, cart, range balls and a drink ticket (beer and wine included!) - pay at the course.
- **Update** - those who want
to play 18 holes may do so for the same $19 green fee!! You can play
the other 9 holes prior to competition - tee off no later than 2:00 pm
to be ready for 5:00 pm.
- Established handicap required
- Aug. 14: Kick-off and Rules meeting at 4:00 pm & 9-hole non-competitive play at 5:00 pm at Duck Creek
- Aug. 28: 1st round of competition
- Year end winners: team with the most accumulated points. Prizes and awards will be dependent on the number of participants.
- Four-Ball: A match in which two players play their
better ball against the better ball of two other players.(The person
with the lowest net score wins points for her team. Points are split
- Foursome (Alternate Shot): A match in which two
players play against two other players, and each side plays one ball.
(The team with the lowest net score wins points for her team. Points
are split for ties.)
- Singles: A match in which one player plays against
another player. The two lowest handicaps on each team are matched, and
the two higher handicaps are matched against each other.
will be divided into teams selected by Brenda and her committee: number
of teams and team names to be decided based on number of participants
schedule for the 9 weeks will be published shortly after registration
closes. Every player should have an opportunity to play each format.
Registration deadline to join the 2016 league: Thursday, August 11th